Dominic Walsh Dance Theater’s
3rd Annual Summer Intensive
June 17 – June 22, 2013
Dominic Walsh Dance Theater’s weeklong summer intensive was developed to enrich intermediate to advanced ballet student’s training. It is perfect for students planning to attend longer programs later in the summer or dancers who wish to improve upon their existing skills.
Participants will enrich their ballet training under the skillful eye of some of the finest artists in the profession, while exploring a wide variety of movement vocabulary from the company’s repertoire and improvisational tools. Dominic Walsh Dance Theater’s fun and challenging summer intensive offers important tools, with the goal of unlocking physical and creative potential in each dancer.
Two dancers who have attended previous DWDT summer sessions offered their thoughts on its value.
“Dominic Walsh Dance Theater’s Summer Intensive pairs the highest quality of instruction with small classes characterized by individual attention. In my experience, this approach is unparalleled by any other summer program of its caliber. The combination of classes in ballet, contemporary, improvisation, and company repertoire creates a wonderful opportunity for dancers to strengthen their technique. Attending DWDT’s Summer Intensive was a pivotal point in my dance career and I would recommend this program to all dancers who want to develop their artistry.” ~ Shannon Lindamood
“When I attended Dominic Walsh Dance Theater’s Summer Intensive I not only took some of the best ballet technique classes I have ever taken, but by learning sections of Dominic Walsh’s amazing repertoire. I also pushed past my own boundaries so much further than before. I thoroughly recommend it to any pre-professional dancers, or professional dancers who want the opportunity to fine tune their technique and push themselves even further.” ~ Dara Nicole
Monday, June 17 – Friday, June 21
|Intermediate Classical Technique||10:00 – 11:30 AM|
|Advanced Classical Technique||12:30 – 2:00 PM|
|Contemporary Repetoire||2:15 – 3:30 PM|
|Improvisation||3:45 – 4:45 PM|
Saturday, June 22, 2013
|Int/Adv Classical Technique||11:15 AM – 12:45 PM|
|Studio Showing*||1:00 – 2:00 PM|
*Parents and friends are encouraged to attend!
- Technique – Instructors give a fully comprehensive picture of the entire body working in harmony to help execute the demands of classical work, while paying close attention to the finer details of the torso and port de bras.
- Contemporary Repertoire* – Students will have the opportunity to learn segments from Dominic Walsh’s repertoire, while having the material and movement principles broken down and explained with time and attention.
- Improvisation – The most important element in improvisation are the tools you acquire, and how to choose from those tools in a particular moment. Many elements are researched, including movement phrasing, musical phrasing, size, quality and simplicity.
*Visit DWDT’s YouTube channel to watch excerpts of Dominic Walsh’s choreography. Click Here
- $500 Tuition ($150 due by May 31, balance due on June10)
- 10% discount when paying full amount by May 31, 2013
We are unable to offer housing at this time. However, the Houston area offers a wide range of options for out of town students. Please contact us for a list of affordable options.